Spectacular peaks may distract from the wonders at your feet — ancient rock layers form fantastic, colorful patterns in Glacier National Park, Montana, USA, and Waterton Lakes National Park, Alberta, Canada. These two parks comprise Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park, honored by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.
View stone patterns and natural abstracts of Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park
Click “i” to read descriptive Captions. Click the dotted square to scroll a set of thumbnail images. Add any of the above images to your Cart for purchase using my Portfolio site.
See related travel tips article: USA: MONTANA: Glacier National Park and Waterton, CANADA
Recommended guidebooks from Amazon.com:
Search for latest “Montana travel books” at Amazon.com.
- Hiking Glacier and Waterton Lakes National Parks: A Guide to the Parks’ Greatest Hiking Adventures (Regional Hiking Series) Paperback – Illustrated, June 1, 2018
- Moon Montana & Wyoming: With Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks (Travel Guide) Paperback – May 7, 2019
- Ghost Towns of the Mountain West: Your Guide to the Hidden History and Old West Haunts of Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Nevada Paperback July 4, 2010
Search for latest “Canada Rockies travel books” at Amazon.com.
- Lonely Planet Canada 14 (Travel Guide) Paperback – Illustrated, May 19, 2020
- Lonely Planet Canada’s Best Trips 1 (Travel Guide) Paperback – Illustrated, May 19, 2020
- The Greatest Hikes on Earth (37 book series) Kindle Edition
- Moon Vancouver & Canadian Rockies Road Trip: Victoria, Banff, Jasper, Calgary, the Okanagan, Whistler & the Sea-to-Sky Highway (Travel Guide) Paperback – Illustrated, June 4, 2019
- Lonely Planet British Columbia & the Canadian Rockies 8 (Travel Guide) Paperback – Illustrated, May 19, 2020
- Lonely Planet Banff, Jasper and Glacier National Parks 6 (Travel Guide) Paperback – January 18, 2022
- Gillean Daffern’s Kananaskis Country Trail Guide-4th Edition: Volume 1: Kananaskis Valley, Kananaskis Lakes, Elk Lakes, The Smith-Dorrien Paperback – June 1, 2010
- Gillean Daffern’s Kananaskis Country Trail Guide – 4th Edition: Volume 3: The Ghost, Bow Valley, Canmore, Spray Paperback – July 15, 2013
- Mountain Footsteps: Hikes in the East Kootenay of Southwestern British Columbia Paperback – June 13, 2018