Spectacular peaks may distract from the wonders at your feet — ancient rock layers form fantastic, colorful patterns in Glacier National Park, Montana, USA, and Waterton Lakes National Park, Alberta, Canada. These two parks comprise Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park, honored by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.
View stone patterns and natural abstracts of Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park
Above images automatically play in a show. (PAUSE || or START SLIDESHOW as desired with buttons at lower right.) But mobile devices just display a fixed image, so click center to enlarge as a set of images with full captions in GALLERIES mode (where Add to Cart button lets you buy photos).
See related travel tips article: USA: MONTANA: Glacier National Park and Waterton, CANADA
Recommended Montana guidebooks from Amazon.com:
Search for latest “Montana travel books” at Amazon.com.
2003: 2011: 2012: 2011: 2010:
- Glacier-Waterton International Peace Park (2003 Mountaineers Books) by Vicky Spring. The ultimate trail guide to one of the most beautiful hiking places in the world.
- Canadian Rockies Trail Guide (2011) by Brian Patton and Bart Robinson
- Lonely Planet Banff, Jasper and Glacier National Parks (2012) by Oliver Berry
- Moon Montana (Moon Handbooks) (2009) by W. C. McRae
- Moon Montana & Wyoming: Including Yellowstone & Glacier National Parks (Moon Handbooks) (2011) by Carter G. Walker
- Ghost Towns of the Mountain West: Your Guide to the Hidden History and Old West Haunts of Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Nevada (2010) by Philip Varney
- Roadside Geology of Montana (Roadside Geology Series) by David D. Alt