“Light Travel: Photography on the Go” by Tom Dempsey teaches and inspires outdoor photography by revealing the magic of portable digital cameras. The book tells my story of how a switch from film to digital cameras inspired new creativity. Written in 2009-10, this book taught readers how to pick a camera, compose and edit, and capture evocative images worldwide. For more up-to-date information, please read my Buy Cameras page.
- Look inside this book, which is “full of sound guidance and jaw-droppingly gorgeous full-color photographs” says reviewer Dan Barnett. 210 pages, fully illustrated.
- Author Tom Dempsey was interviewed Northstate Public Radio and featured in a 30-minute podcast (Chico, California).
- Master digital jargon from the proficient glossary and index.
Add any of the above images to your Cart for purchase using my Portfolio site.
What readers say:
- “I purchased your great book and I’ve read it cover to cover. It’s just wonderful. Congratulations. Those pictures! …the locales delighted me. It’s just lovely.” — Scott W. of Seattle, WA.
- “Dad said to tell you that your book has the best technical information he’s seen. And your photos are beautiful…. He says it’s an amazing book, a great book, and he likes the detail you go into. He says it would be a great text book.” — Nancy & Bill Rauhauser.
- “Wanted to let you know I received your book today. I am so thrilled with it . I would like to thank you and Carol for sharing your talents and the wonderful photo journal of your travels. I just purchased my first Digital SLR camera (Rebel Xsi & the Canon ef-s 18-200 lens) and have much to learn. I look forward to reading your book and applying (I hope) all the wonderful information you have shared on photography.” — Sherry H.
Photoseek Publishing, ISBN #978-0-578-03918-3