Join expert photographer Tom Dempsey in the UK this summer 2017 for deluxe hiking England Coast to Coast with one of the world’s top tour companies, Wilderness Travel. Instead of teaching a workshop, I will be professionally photographing this tour (accompanied by my wife and friends), creating images for Wilderness Travel’s fabulous Catalog of Adventures. Along the journey, feel free to ask me photography questions, enjoy a wonderful hiking package, and share our hunt for memorable images.
Of the following England Coast to Coast tour dates, please tell me your availability:
- May 21-Jun 3, 2017
- Jun 11-24, 2017
- Jul 23-Aug 5, 2017
- Aug 20-Sep 2, 2017
The coast-to-coast journey across England from the Irish Sea to the North Sea is one of the great hikes of the world. Wilderness Travel has perfected this classic walk, hiking the most spectacular stretches as we cut a swath across England’s historic and literary landscape and through three magnificent national parks. We bring you from west to east, putting the prevailing wind at your back, from the romantic Lake District into the upland pastures of the Yorkshire Dales and across the dramatic purple-heather moors of Bronte Country to reach Robin Hood’s Bay on the wild North Sea. En route, we visit delightful villages and ancient castles, stay at welcoming inns, and sip a pint or two at friendly country pubs—this is hiker’s England at its best!
August 2016 photo shoot: 5 weeks on commission for Alpenwild in Switzerland
In August 2016, as an Artist in Residence for Alpenwild.com, I captured 4000 images in Switzerland for company promotion. Alpenwild is the world’s largest provider of English-speaking tours in Switzerland. In response to my photos, Alpenwild founder Greg Witt said “These are absolutely stunning—I couldn’t be happier. Some of us in the office today going through your 342 favorites and each one brought back a lot of memories and also generated a lot of excitement as we discussed where and how we can best use these for maximum impact.”
- Appenzell Inn-to-Inn with Alpenwild (see itinerary) – Hiking in Appenzell and the Alpstein.
- Exploring the Jungfrau with Alpenwild (see itinerary) – Inn-to-inn hiking in Berner Oberland.
Photography on the Go with instructor Tom Dempsey
Check here Spring 2017 for my next class offering at Lifetime Learning Center in Seattle.
My most recent class was “Digital Photography on the Go”:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays for three weeks, 6 classes: 2016 November 1, 3, 8, 10, 15, 17
- 1:00-2:30pm in Seattle at Lifetime Learning Center
- Phone (206) 949-8882 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up at Lifetime Learning Center.
- Bring your compact digital camera to class, and we’ll cover how to compose, focus, expose, edit and create personal visions. I will share my nature travel photography and provide pointers and specific suggestions.
Private lessons in Seattle
- Jump-start your creative camera skills. Gift photography lessons to yourself, family, and friends. $40 per hour is a bargain for one-on-one lessons with an expert teacher. Sign up for digital photography workshops in the Northgate/Broadview area of Seattle, Washington, with instructor Tom Dempsey. We typically meet one-on-one in a public place such as Panera Bread eatery in Northgate Mall.
- Email Tom @ photoseek.com or call (206) 372-7673 mobile phone.
Our 2011 Alps Photo Workshop to Venice and the Dolomites Mountains was taught by Tom Dempsey, and guided by Gary Scott of Right Path Adventures, DolomitesWalkingTours.com
Images from my book, “Light Travel: Photography on the Go“:
Above, images automatically play in a show. (PAUSE || or START SLIDESHOW as desired with buttons at lower right.) But mobile devices just display a fixed image, so click center to enlarge as a set of images with full captions in GALLERIES mode (where Add to Cart button lets you buy photos).